From regional competitors to Olympians, we support athletes at all levels. As a minimum, the applicant must either:
- Be a nationally ranked athlete
- Be a member of a regional squad with regional results in the previous two years or have represented at regional level in the previous two years
- Or have finished in the top eight at regionals or equivalent competition in the previous two years years
As an Everyone Active Sporting Champion, you’ll also be expected to fulfil certain other criteria. These include the following:
- You’ll be required to share and post content about Everyone Active’s Sporting Champions on social media. You will be required to have your own, active, social media pages.
- You’ll be expected to use, visit and train at your local Everyone Active leisure centre.
- You must also be located within close proximity of an Everyone Active leisure centre.
- You must not be contracted to an agreement with any other operator during the time of their application.
- You will be expected to be in training and competing for the next 12 months.
- There are no age restrictions to the scheme, but under-16s will need to be aware of certain equipment use limitations.
Terms and conditions:
- The above criteria as a guidance for the Sporting Champions team who will determine the distribution of funding within the categories. Olympic and Paralympic sports will be prioritised but applications will also be considered from sports that fall under Sport England’s jurisdiction
- If a category is oversubscribed then international experience will be taken into account
- The scheme may ask for proof of sporting achievements as part of the decision making process
- All athletes will be under a three-month probationary period where their engagement with the scheme and the centre will be monitored
- All athletes will need to provide a head shot and a 100 word biography as part of the application process
- Successful athletes will be required to update the scheme on their sporting achievements throughout the year
- Successful athletes will be required to notify the scheme of an injury that prevents them from participating in their sport