If you have the ambition to get to the top of your sport and are looking for opportunities that will both help improve your profile and allow you to train at first-class facilities for FREE, then the Everyone Active Sporting Champions scheme could well be for you. We’re looking for athletes and sports people who are on their way up and keen to support us in inspiring the next generation of burgeoning UK sporting talent, as well as a passion for educating people about all the fantastic benefits that come with taking part in a sport at any level – be it the grassroots or international competition.
If this sounds like you and you’ve got what it takes, then why not apply? Becoming a Sporting Champion is a fantastic opportunity for all up-and-coming athletes.
The application process is now closed. We will be accepting more soon.
What we Need from You
First things first, we need you to be competing at a certain level. That means if you’re an Olympic, Paralympic, Commonwealth, World or European medallist you’re almost certain to be accepted. As a minimum, however, we expect you to be either a nationally ranked athlete, a member of a regional squad with regional results in the last two years, competed in your sport or discipline at a regional level in the previous two years or finished in the top eight at regionals or equivalent competition in the last two years.
As an Everyone Active Sporting Champion, you’ll also be expected to fulfil certain other criteria. These include the following:
- You’ll be required to share and post content about Everyone Active’s Sporting Champions on social media. You will be required to have your own, active, social media pages.
- You’ll be expected to use, visit and train at your local Everyone Active leisure centre.
- You must also be located within close proximity of an Everyone Active leisure centre.
- You must not be contracted to an agreement with any other operator during the time of application.
- You will be expected to be in training and competing for the next 12 months.
- There are no age restrictions to the scheme, but under-16s will need to be aware of gym use limitations.